I love Snapchat. It’s not always been a simple love affair though, oh no, when I first got it my heart was still firmly tied to Instagram, but over the last few months at least I’ve become a bit addicted. I love how raw and genuine it all is, there’s no pressure to feel like you need to shove on a full face of makeup or do something amazing every 5 seconds and that all gets a big thumbs up from me. So if you’d like to know why you should add me on Snapchat (username: TheGemAgenda), here’s 5 reasons why adding me might be the thing to do…
- Get to know me better in vlog style videos: I love to
talkramble and Snapchat is my favourite haunt to do that on. Get to know the real me – a slightly quirky fun-loving nursery nurse by day, blogger by night. See me regularly with little or no makeup on, my hair scraped back in a ponytail and keeping it real.
- More Kovu: Kovu doesn’t make much of an appearance on my blog and whilst he’s a bit of a regular on my Instagram, Snapchat is really where he’s at. My 1 and a half year old silver Maine Coon kitty has a huge personality, he’s a well-trained trick-doing house cat who doesn’t mind (too much!) when I shove the camera in his face and tell him he’s a “pretty boy!“.
- Follow my food journey: I have a massive sweet tooth but generally eat relatively healthy and as a big foodie who’s currently trying to branch out a bit more in the food department, I’ve been sharing snippets of my meals or snacks when I’ve particularly enjoyed them or if I’ve made something from a favourite recipe book. What I’m really hoping is, however, that I’ll eventually feel the need to exercise more too!
- I like to share new and favourite things: If there’s an eyeshadow that makes my eyes pop, a shower gel that smells nicer than a bag of fruit sweets or I’ve got my eye on something rather amazing in a shop, you’ll know about it. Plus, I’m a big fan of doing mini hauls on good ol’ snapchat, such as a new cushion I got for our new living room chair last week – they sent the wrong one, but it turns out I love it and it goes with our living room anyway! Lucky!
- See more snippets of our house: If you’re a total interiors geek like me then you’ll be pleased to know that I like to talk about and show areas of my home that I wouldn’t necessarily do so on my blog. Take a peak inside our fridge, the bathroom or an unloved corner I’m trying to improve.
My username is: TheGemAgenda