I’m well and truly in kitchen diner mode and I’m blaming it all on my new kettle and recent H&M Home Haul. I’m not at all complaining that my attention has significantly shifted towards this room though, it’s the room that causes the most frustration but also the room that I can imagine being my favourite once all is done and finished. Wonky floors and all that aside, today I’m feeling rather appreciative and am concentrating on the items in my kitchen that were worth buying and why…
1. The Bread Bin: Our bread bin is anything but boring and I’d been eyeing it up continuously before buying it at the start of the year with a Debenhams voucher I received at Christmas. This Ben De Lisi Bread Bin is such a quirky addition to our kitchen and oozes personality, the typography print is fantastic isn’t it? Unfortunately I can’t find it online anymore, but I was in our local Debenhams last week and saw that they had them in the sale and were reduced to £16 (I think they’re originally £25).
2. The Kettle: I’d been desperate for a new kettle after we ordered one online a year ago (Jordan’s choice, not mine) that was rubbish, dull, drab and boring. Thankfully we both agreed that our old kettle was a bad move and so we replaced it with the rather simple but stylish Breville Impressions Kettle in black and chrome to match our other small appliances. This kettles larger, quieter and perfect for our style of kitchen. Well worth the £35 and it comes in a total of 5 colours too!
3. The Washing Up Box: I wanted something different, more interesting and a little rustic looking to pop our washing up liquid and hand wash in, so when I saw this black wooden box on the H&M website which fit the brief I knew it’d be ideal for keeping these items in one place. Everyone that comes to our house always comments on it too so it must be a goodie, plus it’s another item that comes in a range of colours to make it suit every home.
4. The Mug Stack: I’d always loved the look of stacking mugs, they make things easier for when guests stay over to allow them to make a cup of tea or coffee in the morning without frantically searching around for where things (a.k.a the mugs!) are kept. Thankfully I had a bit of money left on that gift card I bought the bread bin with and so snapped the Ben De Lisi Set Of Four London Mugs up at the same time. The detailing on these are lovely. Once together they form an outline of London including Big Ben and the ombre effect gets a big thumbs up, not to mention the London area names on each handle too.
5. The Colourful Knives: Can we just take a moment the appreciate how lovely these knives are!? The colours of these Jamie Oliver 3-Piece Funky Knife Set are bright, bold and beautiful! I love the typography (surprise, surprise!) on the blades themselves and they’re really good quality, making easy work of cooking any tasty dinner dish. Ours are rather well loved and I’m so impressed with these knives that I’m desperate to get my hands on more kitchen items from the Jamie Oliver range.
So that’s it, 5 items that I’m pleased we bought for our kitchen. In this case, you really can have your cake and eat it too…